Tla’amin Resorts and Accommodations Inc.
Tel: 604-483-7777 / Fax: 604-483-7741 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Posting – Assistant General Manager, The Historic Lund Hotel and Marina (www.lundhotel.com)
Located in Lund, B.C., we are requesting qualified individuals with training and professional experience in hotel management to apply by forwarding a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to 604-483-7741 by February 24. Compensation to be determined based on qualifications, benefit package available. TRAAI reserves the right to keep this posting open until a suitable candidate applies. No calls please. We thank all applicants for applying but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The resort assets consist of a 31-room hotel, restaurant, pub, general store, parking lots, marina with fuel sales and boat launch, and retail leases.
As the Assistant General Manager, you will be working alongside the leadership team overseeing the general success and well being of a prospering business. The desired candidate will be motivated to develop into the General Manager and be revenue driven while continuing to balance expenses and the bottom line. If you are a motivated team player with ambitious career goals, then this role is for you with the Tla’amin Nation Group of Businesses. The position is actively involved in the local communities and builds strong relationships with local officials, businesses, and customers. The successful applicant will represent the Tla’amin Nation Group of Businesses brand values in all leadership actions.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Hospitality or Hotel Management;
- One (1) to three (3) years experience working in an executive capacity in a hotel, F&B or property management position;
- prior major brand experience an asset while taking a strategic overview and planning to maximise profits;
- experience in building maintenance an asset;
- ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends, holidays and late nights;
- the assistant manager must also pay attention to the details, setting the example for staff to deliver a standard of service and presentation that meets guests’ needs and expectations.
- Planning and organising accommodation;
- catering and other hotel services;
- promoting and marketing the business;
- managing budgets and financial plans as well as controlling expenditure;
- manage all aspects of the hotel including operations, human resources, financial, sales and marketing and revenue management;
- maximize room revenue, anticipating, planning and adjusting for varied market conditions;
- develop and monitor strategic marketing prospects and community relationship;
- participate in appropriate marketing efforts;
- maximize food and beverage outlet revenue by ensuring optimal usage of F&B space, products, service and staffing levels;
- oversee guest services, ensuring superior guest service is delivered consistently;
- create and lead the execution of the annual budget which includes measurable objectives;
- anticipate and allocate resources effectively with appropriate, conclusive capital suggestions to ownership;
- ensure quality standards are met in all areas of the hotel as it relates to appearance, cleanliness maintenance;
- recruit, hire, train and lead a strong and effective team, mentoring and providing professional development by setting measurable performance targets and through ongoing performance evaluations;
- guide the strategic planning process with a focus on delivering superior financial results.
Tla’amin citizens are encouraged to apply for this position.
Download PDF TRAAI Job Posting Assistant General Manager