Tla’amin Management Services Limited Partnership (TMSLP) is a community and economic development organization committed to creating economic opportunities leading to economic prosperity for the Tla’amin people and the Tla’amin Nation.
Reporting to the TMSLP board of directors and the legislative body of the Tla’amin Nation, the CEO will be accountable for the effective and efficient management of resources and the day-to-day operation of the organization in accordance with the Tla’amin Economic Development Agreement and Tla’amin Economic Development Law, as well as any/all policies established by the Board. The CEO will be responsible for providing strategic planning, human resource and financial management, liaising with service providers, clients and the community at large, attending board meetings and updating operational policies where required.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
• Strong leadership, human resources, project management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to seek out and perform sound due diligence on potential business opportunities for TMSLP.
• A personable and respectful demeanor, and skills in working in partnership situations.
• Proficiency in developing clear and user-friendly communication materials.
• Expertise in reading and understanding financial statements and preparing annual pro-forma budgets.
• An ability to develop strategic business plans and management reports.
• Strong cash management and treasury techniques in order to maximize returns on invested cash and minimize debt costs.
• A strong proposal writing ability and familiarity with potential funding sources in order to obtain grants and other funding for the on-going operations of TMSLP and related group of companies, as well as for assets purchases and joint ventures etc.
The successful candidate should possess and have a proven background in the following:
• Project planning and management involving multiple business units and stakeholders.
• Familiarity and understanding of First Nations operations and organizations.
• Familiarity with the Final Agreement, Tla’amin Nation.
• Familiarity with the Tla’amin Laws.
• 5 + years’ work experience in or across resource sectors working for or with First Nation communities, governments and businesses. Work experience directly related to Forestry, Aquaculture, Hospitality and Land Management an asset.
• Strong leadership skills and excellent track record of managing human resources including skills development, training and employment.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Communications or relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
• Strong financial and educational background. Proven experience in accounting and or bookkeeping.
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to liaise between Tla’amin Nation administration, local, provincial and federal governments, as well as other external entities.
Candidates must be willing to provide a criminal record check. Salary and benefits will be negotiated commensurate with education and experience.
All applicants must submit their application by email or FAX (below) no later than August 8, 2017 to:
Attention: Elaine Tom, Office Administrator
Tla’amin Management Services LP
4885-B 101 Hwy, Powell River, BC
FAX: (604) 483-7741
No phone calls please.