Tla’amin Resorts and Accommodations (TRAA)
Historic Lund Hotel
As a controller you will report to the General Manager of the organization. You will fill a leadership role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through over-seeing the accounting transactions for a full-service hotel with a Food and Beverage department, banquet, general store, and marina. This also includes initiating and maintaining internal controls, budgeting and purchasing, and preparing monthly financial statements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Represents the finance department at all management meetings on-site, with TMSLP or the Nation;
• Oversees the calculation and distribution of wages and salaries including benefits etc.;
• Prepares regular finance reports and summaries of accounting activities, as requested;
• Review A/R ageing reports on a regular basis and ensure follow-up within 30 days of initial billing if payment has not been received;
• Maintain banking relationships
• Maintain files of all contracts, insurance policies, tax reports, expenses and payroll;
• Prepare financial reports and submissions to relevant management or government entities;
• Work directly with the General Manager to assist in the development and management of budgets approved by General Manager, CEO and Board of Directors tracking both profits and/or loss performance by business unit;
The Controller must have strong verbal and written communication skills with a solid background in accounting software.
• Professional Accounting designation and/or degree in Accounting.
• 5 to 6 years minimum demonstrated accounting experience, preferably in a hospitality industry, food and beverage and/or retail environment. A background that includes forecasting and budgeting is definitely an asset to this job.
• Working with Aboriginal peoples, or First Nation(s) an asset.
Negotiable based on education and experience.
All applicants must submit their application by Email or FAX no later than December 15, 2017.
Email: email@example.com or FAX: (604) 483-7741.
No phone calls please.