Performs a variety of tasks in several maintenance fields including:
• Rough and finish carpentry tasks such as repair/replace doors, door frames, cabinets in basic renovation.
• Drywall repair, prepping walls and painting.
• Repairs/replaces plumbing fixtures, hot water heaters, heating and ventilation equipment
• Repairs to a variety of appliances including stoves, ovens and refrigerators
• Repairs/replaces door locks
• Repairs/replaces electrical fixtures
• Delivers and installs appliances and equipment
• Repairs flooring
• Capable of giving estimates of repairs, providing technical assistance in residential contracting activities, including providing instructions and inspecting work. Inspects units, purchases supplies, and takes inventory. May lead a small crew. Performs related work as required.
• EITHER: Three years of recent, full time, paid experience making a variety of repairs in any of several maintenance on residential or commercial buildings. OR: Some acceptable combination of education and experience.
• Possession of a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License. Drivers abstract required.
• Must provide an acceptable criminal record check.
• Ability to: troubleshoot and determine the nature of a required repair; work independently, work cooperatively with the public and coworkers, understand and follow written and oral instructions, train others in work performed, lead a small crew.
• Preference will go to Tla’amin applicants who are Red Seal Certified.
• In Good Standing with Tla’amin Nation
Cover letter and resume can be sent by e-mail to email@example.com
Faxed to: 778 762-5240
Dropped off at the Government Building in a sealed envelope Attention: Jessie Peters
CLOSING DATE: June 22nd 2018 at 4pm.