TN is seeking a Summer Youth Employment Coordinator to oversee the TN summer student program. Temporary position will extend to end of August 2018.
The coordinator will:
• Ensure that all participants meet employment criteria for youth program.
• Coordinate interview times.
• Contact PR businesses to solicit work placements for students.
• Prepare orientation process for successful participants.
• Assign worksite placements for students as appropriate.
• Monitor progress of students in their various positions, conducting periodic visits to worksites.
• Coordinate evaluations with worksite supervisors.
• Provide monthly reports re: student progress.
• Create employment files for all participants.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Graduate preferred.
• Previous experience in a supervisory position preferred.
• Experience dealing with youth.
• Must demonstrate mature judgement and attitude.
• Professional demeanor as successful candidate will be dealing with local businesses.
• Valid BCDL and satisfactory driver’s abstract required.
• Must be in good standing with the Tla’amin Nation.
• Must provide an acceptable criminal record check.
*Salary to be determined.
*Individuals of Tla’amin ancestry will be given preference.
*We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who are short-listed will be contacted.
Please forward resumes and cover letters to: Jessie Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may submit it in person at the Governance building by Friday, June 01, 2018 by 4PM.