The Tla’amin Nation is a modern, self-governing First Nation located on the upper Sunshine Coast. As the Nation grows, we are seeking an Accounts Payable Administrator on a six-month contract basis.
The Accounts Payable Administrator supports the timely and accurate processing of accounts payable payments in accordance with policies and procedures.
The responsibilities for this role include:
• Provides a central accounts payable help desk service to Tla’amin Nation employees and suppliers.
• Processes accounts payable payments in accordance with policies and procedures by: matching invoices to purchase orders and receiving reports; verifying calculations, currency of payment, quantities and merchandise on source; checking invoice approvals, cost center and authority level; entering payment information into system; reconciling payments made to suppliers’ statements; researching differences and following-up to discuss and resolve problems with suppliers; and verifying Input Tax Credits are properly recorded.
• Monitors and responds to enquiries from the Accounts Payable mailbox and telephone number related to invoices, payments, employee expenses and records stored in various systems in a timely manner.
• Ensures there are no duplicate payments (such as aged invoices) by reviewing applicable systems and supplier profiles.
• Performs a variety of clerical support duties such as: filing and tracking employee expense claims; reconciling MasterCard statements monthly and quarterly; and maintaining various historical records and files in various systems.
• Performs other duties including distributing petty cash and record entries/verify documentation and assisting with audit support.
• Diploma in Accounting or Finance and two (2) years of working experience in accounts payable and cost accounting; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Working knowledge of procurement and records management systems considered an asset.
• Ability to use various financial, procurement, records management, and case management systems.
All submissions must include:
• A resume detailing your relevant experience.
Deadline: Noon on Thursday, September 30, 2021
Submissions are to be emailed, using “Accounts Payable Administrator – Six-month contract” as the subject, to: email@example.com or, marked with Accounts Payable Administrator – Six-month contract”, to: 4779 Klahanie Road, Powell River, BC V8A 0C4
No phone calls please