Call for Interest: CITIZENSHIP COMMITTEE
In accordance to Section 41 of the Citizenship and Enrolment Law, the Tla’amin Executive Council is required and authorized to appoint three (3) members to form the Citizenship Committee.
ROLE OF CITIZENSHIP COMMITTEE:
• determine if an applicant is eligible to have their name entered on the Citizenship Register; and
• oversee the Citizenship Registrar and direct the Registrar to enter names on, or remove names from, the Citizenship Register, as required under the law; and
• publish the eligibility criteria and the procedures to apply for enrolment, unenrolment or re-enrolment; and
• keep confidential all information provided by and about applicants for enrolment, unenrolment or re-enrolment and comply with any confidentiality requirements set out in regulations under this Law or in any other Tla’amin enactment
REQUIREMENTS OF MEMBERS OF COMMITTEE:
• be a Tla’amin Citizen in good standing with the Nation; and
• have a good understanding of Tla’amin culture, ancestry and Tla’amin Institutions.
TERM OF POSITION:
Four (4) year term that is consistent with the term of the elected government. The 2020 term will commence no later than November 9, 2020.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit an application (resume & cover letter) to Rod Allan, Chief Administrative Officer at: email@example.com
Deadline to apply: Friday, October 23, 2020 by 4:30 pm
If you have any questions, please contact Losa Luaifoa at 778-762-3716 or
Thank you for your interest!