Call for Interest: Member of Review & Appeal Panel
In accordance with the Tla’amin Review and Appeal Law (“the Law”), passed by the Legislative Assembly on April 05, 2016, the Review and Appeal Panel (the “Panel”) exists to assist in the governance of the Tla’amin Nation by overseeing the review and appeal of certain decisions.
The Tla’amin Nation is seeking interested persons to fill one seat on the Panel. The Law requires that these individuals must not hold any other office (e.g. appointments, employment, or contracts) with the Tla’amin Nation.
The Law describes the composition of the Panel, how members are appointed, removed, their term, and the duties of the chairperson. The Law also identifies the specific decisions that the Panel may be requested to review and hear appeals on:
- Appeals of certain Citizenship, enrolment and election decisions;
- Disputes regarding removal of members of the Economic Development Committee or the Operating Board(s);
- Determination with respect to conflicts of interest of elected officials;
- Appeals of findings with respect to wrongdoings of elected officials;
- Reviews of dispositions and trespass respecting Tla’amin Lands;
- Reviews of compensation for expropriation respecting Tla’amin Lands;
- Determinations with respect to recall of elected official petitions;
- Resolution of disputes among Tla’amin entities; and,
- Additional responsibilities as may be assigned by the Tla’amin Government.
The Review and Appeal Panel plays an important role in the governance of the Tla’amin Nation. Members of the Panel will be recognized, appreciated and compensated for their time. Being a member of the Panel is not expected to be a significant time commitment. Members of the Panel will be provided honoraria for their time, along with reimbursement of reasonable expenses.
How do I apply?
Please submit an application by Friday, September 16th, 2022 at 4:30 P.M. to Tana Harry, Government Secretary, Tla’amin Nation at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the Tla’amin Nation office – 4779 Klahanie Road. Please include the following:
(a) A cover letter that explains why you think you would be a good candidate;
(b) Your resume.
Selected candidates must undergo a satisfactory criminal record check, at the Nation’s cost. If you have any questions, please contact Tana Harry at 604-483-9646 Ext 159.
Thank you for your interest.