The Tla’amin Nation is a modern, forward-thinking First Nation Government at an exciting point in its history. In April 2016, the community became self-governing through the Modern Treaty Process.
You have the opportunity to participate in making history, while situated in this stunning, safe and serene coastal community.
Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent – Senior Management
Reporting to: Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
• A comprehensive health & dental plan and disability insurance fully paid for by the Nation
• An optional pension plan with matched contributions.
• Competitive salary, to be determined based on the qualification of applicant.
The Tla’amin Nation seeks a qualified accountant to fill the role of Chief Financial Officer for the Nation. As a member of the senior management team you will be working closely with the Chief Administrative Officer. You will not only lead the finance team, but also serve as a role model of our
ethical values. You are able to effectively communicate with people of varied experiences and backgrounds, with the ability to lead and build strong relationships across the organization. The financial function is at the heart of this position and includes:
► Providing overall leadership, direction and management of accounting, budgeting, cash flow, banking and program reporting.
► Ensuring that financial objectives are realized through a responsible, transparent financial program;
► Managing accounting and finance policies, procedures and internal controls.
► Ensuring integrity of financial information and compliance with all regulatory organizations.
► Driving continual enhancements within financial, program costing, asset protection and reporting systems and processes.
► Representing the Nation’s interests with lenders, investments, funders and other external entities, as directed by the CAO.
► Identifying, assessing, monitoring and reporting on prevention of fraud and other financial risks.
► Identifying and managing Nation liability and insurance requirements
► Managing or overseeing the relationship with independent auditors
► Implementing relevant provisions of the Tla’amin Administration & Finance Law.
• Valid accounting designation
• Five years of experience in management
• Experience in working with auditors and facilitating annual audits
• Understanding of funding agreements and reporting requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office suite applications
• Experience with Xyntax accounting software
• Experience with accounting in a First Nation environment
Deadline: This opportunity will remain open until the position is filled.
A criminal record check and driving abstract which are acceptable to the Nation will be required from the successful candidate.
Please submit resume and cover letter, using “CFO Position” as the subject, to: email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org
or, marked with “CFO Position”, to: 4779 Klahanie Road, Powell River, BC VBA 0C4
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Absolutely no phone calls please