The Tla’amin Nation is a modern, self governing First Nation located on the upper Sunshine Coast. We are looking for a security conscious individual to join our administration team, to be an active member in keeping our staff and community safe.
Title: Community Greeter
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Reporting to: Director of Community Services
The Community Greeter is an integral part of our Nation’s administration team. Their role is to make visitors feel welcomed and safe in the Governance House by ensuring an orderly flow of foot traffic, and answer questions from the general public and direct them to the appropriate services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet members of the public when they enter the Tla’amin Nation buildings;
- Utilize the BC Vaccination Verification App to ensure visitors comply with Tla’amin Nation COVID policy;
- Visually verify out of province/territory vaccination record;
- Provide information about services offered at Tla’amin Nation buildings;
- Ensure orderly flow of foot traffic in Tla’amin Nation buildings;
- Complete hourly external and internal walks of Tla’amin Nation buildings to ensure that entries, exists, doors, and windows are secured when appropriate;
- Observe, Record, and Report any incidents;
- Function as a member of the workplace first-aid team, and provide treatment to staff or visitors as appropriate;
- Complete any other administrative tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to sustain work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to exercise high levels of discretion and decision making;
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing work goals; and
- Ability to de-escalate potentially high emotion situations.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED;
- Possess valid First-Aid certification, or be able to successfully complete the training
(Minimum Occupational/Work Place First-Aid Level 1);
- Experience working with people in conflict; and
- Experience writing and completing reports.
- Basic Security Training Certification – British Columbia
- Security Worker’s License – British Columbia
An acceptable Police Information Check with Vulnerability Sector Screen, and Class 5 Driver’s Abstract will be required from the successful candidate.
Please submit resume and cover letter, using “Community Greeter” as the subject, to:
or, marked with “Community Greeter”, to: 4779 Klahanie Road, Powell River, BC V8A 0C4
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Absolutely no phone calls please.