Tla’amin Nation is seeking 1 or 2 community researchers to join our Lands and Resources team on a Short-term contract; for up to 140 hours to be completed during the months of March to June
Under the direction and supervision of the technical support team, the Community Researcher is a (NATION) member who is responsible for collection of household data in up to 50 households. Household level and individual (adult and child) is being gathered including: traditional food harvesting, consumption and preferences, concerns about traditional food and household affordability of food, the food and beverages eaten in the last 24 hours.
Remuneration Daily remuneration is TBD. The project will reimburse mileage.
- Contact community members to arrange interviews
- Conduct interviews (approximately 90 minutes long) in participants’ homes or in an office set aside for this purpose as Covid-19 allows or via Zoom
- Keep track of which participants have been contacted, interviewed and given gift certificates to.
- Maintain regular contact with the community coordinator and project coordinator for reviews of the interviews and to discuss the work to date
- Assist in raising awareness about the project in the community
- Maintain security of questionnaires and project equipment.
- Maintain confidentiality of interview responses
The job requires people that are comfortable phoning and talking directly with people in the community that they may not know.
The following skills are needed
- Attend training (To be determined)
- Self- motivated
- Good computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Can set and keep appointments
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Accurate record-keeping
- Can keep documentation current, accurate and secure
- Can meet regularly by phone or in person with project support team [community coordinator, the Firelight group staff]
- Access to reliable transportation or ability to travel around the community is an important asset.
- Access to reliable communications i.e. phone, text or email.
- Maintain security of consent forms, questionnaires and project equipment (computer, food models).
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
PLEASE APPLY BY:
E-mail cover letter & resume to: Jessie Peters, HR Manager at email@example.com citing “Community Researcher” in subject heading of your e-mail or drop-off/mail to Tla’amin Nation, 4779 Klahanie Rd, Powell River, BC, V8A 0C4 We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those shortlisted will be contacted