The Tla’amin Nation is initiating an extensive program of new housing and community infrastructure to meet its growing needs. To support this Public Works is looking to build an internally managed new construction team made up of qualified and entry level trades. We are seeking a candidate with construction leadership and specific experienced knowledge in new construction and renovation activities.
Closing Date: May 7th, 2021
This role includes, but is not limited to:
• Building a team of labour and trades that can effectively deliver construction projects;
• Support the Project Managers in scheduling, scope definition and estimating project plans by offering industry specific insight and expertise;
• Compile recurring progress reports when projects are active;
• On site construction leadership ensuring construction projects are executed to the best industry standard;
• Present key project decisions in a structured approach;
• Managing locally available trade subcontractors as needed and will find creative solutions when local expertise is not available;
• Work alongside qualified building inspectors to ensure projects are delivered and compliant with building code;
• Managing contracts to ensure delivery is in accordance with the requirements;
• Ongoing training to improve professional credentials.
Qualifications and Relevant Experience:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly indicate that you have relevant experience and education as outlined below:
• 10 or more years relevant experience in construction activities;
• 5 or more years with construction leadership experience;
• Red Seal Carpentry or equivalent experience;
• Experience working with various softwares and technology that assist management practices;
• Specific experience within an organization supported by structured project management process;
• Experience working with First Nations infrastructure projects;
• A strong technical aptitude;
• Ability to work independently and/or as a team to meet deadlines and timelines;
• Must undergo and submit a satisfactory criminal record check prior to employment;
• Able to effectively communicate in a professional manner with co-workers, other departments, customers, and the public;
• Able to read and understand maps, blueprints, schematics, and legal documentation;
• An equivalent combination of education, training and related experience may be considered.
Please submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc. email@example.com or by postal mail to 4779 Klahanie Rd. marked ‘Attention Richard Gage and HR’.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who are short-listed will be contacted for an interview.