Development of Treasury Program
The Tla’amin Nation is a modern, self-governing First Nation located on the upper Sunshine Coast. As the Nation grows, we are seeking a qualified consultant to assist in the development of a Treasury Program.
Chief Financial Officer
The Nation is seeking a qualified consultant to drive the development and implementation of a Treasury Program, from the high-level strategic thinking down to the detailed execution. The ideal candidate has experience implementing treasury transformation projects, preferably in a First Nations environment, and has successfully supported their clients to make informed, intelligent, and insightful decisions that help them to mitigate risks and maximize opportunities.
In developing a program that addresses the existing and future needs of the Nation you would be expected to:
- Develop an operating model to manage the day-to-day treasury operations including cash management, restricted balances, credit facilities, and portfolio valuation.
- Select and implement treasury systems and financial models.
- Review banking relationships and structures and propose rationalization, as required.
- Conduct risk management activities to evaluate issues and deliver solutions.
- Support management of banking relationships to ensure seamless banking activities and interest rate negotiations.
- Provide recommendations to address the Nation’s requirements and macroeconomic changes and identify instruments for funding and interest rate risk management.
- Develop a financial model to manage $100+ million Capital project portfolio including seeking optimal funding solutions in the form cash, line of credit, loans, etc.
All submissions must include:
- A resume detailing your relevant experience.
- An hourly (or daily rate) Note: Tla’amin will cover any additional expenses directly
Deadline: Noon on Monday, August 23, 2021
Submissions are to be emailed, using “Treasury Program” as the subject, to: firstname.lastname@example.org or, marked with “Treasury Program”, to: 4779 Klahanie Road, Powell River, BC V8A 0C4
No phone calls please