The Tla’amin Nation is a modern, forward thinking, self-governing nation located on the beautiful upper Sunshine Coast (qathet Region).
Job Type: Part-time (24 hrs./week), Temporary (until June 2024)
Hours of Work: To be determined
Reporting to: Culture and Heritage Manager
Reporting to the Culture and Heritage Manager, under the direction of the Language Coordinator or designate, the Digital Language Technician works with a small team to support the digital recording of the ɬaʔamin language within a collaborative project funded by the First People’s Cultural Council.
Key responsibilities of the Digital Language Technician include but are not limited to the following:
- Editing Elder interviews using the Audacity audio editor and recorder
- Uploading digital media and inputting data into the First Voices website
- Assisting with scheduling Elder interviews via phone and email
- Compiling list of words and phrases to be recorded for the First Voices website
- Maintaining orderly files
- Attending meetings as directed
- Performing all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Tla’amin laws, regulations, policies, practices, and procedures as directed by the Director of Education.
- Performing other related duties as required.
Training, Education, Experience
- Completion of a Digital Media certification from a recognized educational institution
*Equivalent education and/or experience will be considered
- Successful Criminal Record Check
- Previous experience working independently and in a group setting
- Previous experience working with Elders would be an asset
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of the ɬaʔamin language
- Well-developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Skilled at listening and paying attention to details
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to respect and meet expected deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as within a collaborative structure
- Work is part-time (24 hours/week) and is performed primarily in an office or recording studio type environment.
- Adherence to all WorkSafe regulations and safe work practices
- Follows the Nation’s Covid-19 safety policies and protocols which may be amended from time to time
- Competitive pay offered commensurate with qualifications and experience
How to Apply
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter by email to: Jessie Peters, HR Manager at email@example.com and Sophie Call Director of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org noting “Digital Language Technician” in the subject heading of your email, or drop-off/mail c/o Human Resources Department, Tla’amin Nation, 4779 Klahanie Rd., Powell River, BC, V8A 0C4
Closing Date: September 16, 2022
Thank you to all applicants, only those shortlisted will be contacted.