The Tla’amin Nation Government is a modern-day treaty Nation that has a very large land base in the Powell River Region with a Membership of over 1200 Citizens. The Nation takes pride in its many very well-educated citizens and is seeking resumes for a Director of Community Services and Development to continue building capacity and a solid labor force for the Nation to continue on its growth as a Sovereign modern-day Treaty Nation.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Director of Community Services and Development will work in a management capacity to:
• Determine and document societal needs and barriers and provide appropriate programming to remove barriers and address capacity needs in the community.
• Create and maintain relationships with a variety of organizations and ministries to collaborate in the areas of: healthcare, education, housing, social services, transportation, recreation and more.
• Identify funding opportunities from different sources to support community social and economic development growth needs.
• Write proposals and applications for funding, and ensure that the agreed-upon terms are followed including any required reporting.
• Ensure that program delivery is done in conjunction with community consultation and involvement to ensure effective, quality delivery of services.
• Post-Secondary graduate in Education or Community Development, or equivalent experience.
• Competence to manage multiple budgets and keep accurate records.
• Ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals and groups, including community members, funding agencies and all levels of government.
• Research and analysis skills to aid in identifying community needs.
• Report and proposal writing skills.
• Must be personable and able to build rapport and confidence amongst clients and also able to network and maintain relations with relevant agencies.
• Management and project management experience an asset.
• Criminal record check that is acceptable to TN.
• Valid driver’s license, acceptable driver’s abstract and reliable transportation.
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
• Willingness to learn and understand the Tla’amin Cultural teachings and ways of life.
This position is Full Time – Permanent
Remuneration – Competitive and based on experience and credentials. Comprehensive Health & Dental plan and disability insurance fully paid for by the Nation and, an optional pension plan with matched contributions.
Please submit your resume and covering letter by Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/hand deliver to Rod Allan, 4779 Klahanie Road, Powell River, BC V8A 0C4, marked “Director Posting”.
Closing Date: Posting will remain open until position is filled.
Thank you for your interest. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.