This part-time (20hrs per week), term position will work in the Chi Chuy pre-school program, under the direction of the Pre-school Teacher, supporting all children, with a focus on special education. Under the direction of the Pre-school Teacher the ECE Assistant shall collaborate and provide extra support and direct care to children to stimulate and develop their mental, physical, emotional and spiritual growth. The ECE Assistant shall be responsible for the provision of the care, guidance and safety of all children in the program, with a focus on caring for children with special needs.
Title: Early Childhood Education Assistant (ECEA)
Job Type: Casual, Term (2021-OCT-15 to 2022-JUN-30)
Reporting to: Education Manager
Renumeration: Based on experience
Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborate and provide extra support and direct care to children to stimulate and develop their mental, physical, emotional and spiritual growth.
• Responsible for the provision of the care, guidance and safety of all children in the program.
• Focus on caring for children with special needs, understanding their education plans and support required.
• Supporting children with structured and unstructured learning activities, snack time, and pre-school opening and closing duties.
• Engaging with the Tla’amin Child Development Resource Centre (CDRC) daycare, to support children to go to/from daycare and preschool.
• Other Duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong ethics and a commitment to child and family privacy and confidentiality.
• Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a professional, fun, loving pre-school
• Working knowledge of children’s developmental stages 0 – 6 years old
• Ability to communicate effectively with peers, children & parents.
• Physical and emotional ability to perform the duties of the pre-school position.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Maintain positive communication with students, staff, and community.
• Initiate and follow through to complete projects as well as be self-directed.
• The successful applicant must be in good physical and mental health to work with
children who have additional developmental needs.
• BC ECEA License to Practise
• Successful Criminal Record check
• First Aid & CPR certificate (or willingness to obtain)
• Vaccination records up to date
• Recent Annual TB Test
• Valid BC Driver’s License and Abstract are an asset
• Experience working in a provincial licensed setting an asset
Monday – Thursday 9:30AM to 2:30PM
The nature of this position is a combination of indoor and outdoor classroom settings, engaging
with children through a variety of physical activities (sitting, standing, games, playground
Deadline: OPEN TILL FILLED
An acceptable Police Information Check with Vulnerability Sector Screen, and Class 5 Driver’s
Abstract will be required from the successful candidate.
Please submit resume and cover letter, using “ECEA” as the subject, to:
or, marked with “ECEA”, to: 4779 Klahanie Road, Powell River, BC V8A 0C4
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Absolutely no phone calls please.