Tla’amin Management Services LP is the business arm of the Tla’amin Nation. TMS has over 20 years of experience in conducting business, particularly in land development, forestry, aquaculture, retail, hospitality and tourism.
Position Summary: The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for providing the leadership, direction and support for the overall management, recording and reporting of the financial affairs of TMSLP and its subsidiaries. The CFO ensures that there is efficient and effective operation within the Finance Department and business entities, through daily decision making and consultation with the CEO.
Under the guidance of the CEO:
- Designing, implementing, and monitoring fiscal control systems necessary to ensure the effective administration of TMSLP finances and assets.
- Timely reporting of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Coordinating, communicating and engaging with internal and external stakeholders for fund reporting, auditing, certification and compliance reporting.
- Coordinating and controlling accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and internal reporting
- Providing technical and other assistance to the Finance Committee.
- Maintaining confidentiality and neutrality at all times.
- Managing the work unit and budget in accordance with company standards and performance expectations. Recruiting, coaching and supporting assigned staff.
- Promoting a performance-focused environment in alignment with the TMSLP values, culture and business goals.
Financial Administration and Reporting
- Administer and monitor the financial systems in order to ensure that TMSLP finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with established accounting practices and company policies and procedures
- Support and implement strategic initiatives defined by the CEO
- Work closely with the CEO in establishing, monitoring and managing budgets
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports and reports on variances
- Implement financial policies and procedures aligned with TMSLP strategic plans
- Establish and maintain cash controls
- Coordinate, communicate and engage with outside agencies for fund reporting, auditing, certification and compliance reporting
- Provides technical and other assistance to the Finance Committee
Accounting and Payroll
- Prepare income statement, balance sheets and scheduled financial statements
- Assists with the annual audit and budgetary reviews
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger and supplier accounts
- Provide periodic review
- Existing and prospective contracts
- Recurring expenses
- Monitors cash reserves and investments
- Prepare and reconcile bank statements
- Ensures best practices in payroll accounting
- Ensures transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system. Maintains the computerized accounting system. Maintains financial files and records.
- Coordinate internal preparation for year-end audit(s) and supports external Auditor(s) in the collection and compilation of information required for the preparation of annual financial statements and reports
- Maintains a record system for all audit reports
- Prepare and present regular and special financial reports, including the annual audited financial statements, to the CEO, Finance Committee, and nation stakeholders
- Prepare and submit financial reports to funding agencies, as required.
- Prepare, present and coordinate the presentation of the annual financial reports to the Tla’amin citizens, as assigned.
- Provide leadership, direction and services to TMSLP operating entities in the planning, development, management, internal process auditing and reporting of their financial affairs.
- Provide leadership, direction and support to the staff of the Finance Department, and to all Program / Department management personnel in the management of their financial affairs.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Some travel, including overnight and or weekends.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime, including evenings and weekends when required.
- Successful background check, including employment verification, reference checks, credit inquiries and education/credential verification.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Accounting designation (CGA, CMA, CPA, CA)
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in related field (Accounting, Business Management/Commerce).
- 5+ years of related management experience in financial administration and reporting, including internal control, accounting, budgets and cash flow.
- Corporate and Auditing experience.
- Significant experience in managing all aspects of AR, AP and GL reconciliation.
- Demonstrated and successful experience planning, organizing, managing and communicating financial management activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to secure funding and establish strategic partnerships in support of program objectives.
- Ability to lead and manage a team.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications can be sent to Philip Lee, CEO for TMSLP, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.