Full Time Janitorial
The Tla’amin Nation is a modern, forward thinking, self-governing nation located on the beautiful upper Sunshine Coast (qathet Region).
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Hours of Work: Morning & Evening Shifts
Reports to: Building Maintenance Coordinator
Department: Public Works
Wage per hour: $21/hr
Tla’amin Nation (TN) has identified a need for 1 additional Full Time Janitorial Staff.
Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Tla’amin policies, standards, practices, and procedures as directed by the Building Maintenance Coordinator. Maintains confidentiality as required pertaining to members, clients, employees, and general matters of the Nation.
This role includes, but is not limited to:
- Ensures interior of building is clean and disinfected
- Maintains cleanliness in the staff and public washrooms daily
- Empties trash cans and other waste containers, ie. Compost and recycling boxes
- Cleans personal office spaces by request
- Sweeps and mops stairways as needed
- Spot-cleans windows and hallways daily
- Cleans and disinfects at different nation asset buildings as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Training, Education, Experience (not required, but preferred)
- WHIMIS Certificate
- Building Services Worker Certificate
- First Aid Training
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Relevant work experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Able to complete tasks alone or with minimal supervision
- Reliable attendance and self-motivated
- Must be willing to work morning or evening shifts to accommodate community program needs
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs. comfortably
This is a physical, laborious position. Employees will be moving and standing majority of the workday.
How to Apply
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org noting “Full Time Janitorial” in the subject heading of your e-mail or drop-off/mail to Attention: Human Resources Department, Tla’amin Nation, 4779 Klahanie Rd, Powell River, BC, V8A 0C4
Closing Date: October 7, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.