The Tla’amin Nation (TN) is seeking an individual to fill the position of Government Secretary/Law Registry Clerk. The successful candidate will act as an administrative support to TN’s elected officials as well as the CAO as needed. This position is a 3-year, fixed-term position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepping agenda packages for Executive Council (EC) and Legislative Assembly (LA) meetings
- Organizing all relevant materials for EC & LA meetings, including EC and LA Resolutions and Orders
- Attending all EC & LA meetings and taking minutes of the meeting
- Assisting in the preparation and organization of the TN General Assembly meetings including notice of meetings and other preparation for the meeting
- Assisting in event planning for public events hosted by the TN
- Typing minutes for approval by the EC & LA and for publication in the Nehmotl
- Meticulous care of the electronic and paper registries of laws, regulations, policies and orders
- Fulfilling requests for copies of laws, regulations, policies and orders and ensuring website is updated with the current laws, regulations, policies and orders
- Maintaining highly organized files
- Composing letters for EC and as requested by CAO.
- Coordinating special Council meetings in accordance with Council’s individual schedules
- Coordinating travel arrangements for out-of-town Council functions and events
- Assisting the CAO as required
- Maintaining a high degree of discretion, tact and confidentiality
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Excellent writing skills and comprehension ability
- Intermediate (minimum) MS Excel and Word skills, Power Point skills an asset
- Minimum Grade 12
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Must provide an acceptable Police Information Check (PIC)
- Must sign a code of conduct and maintain strict confidentiality
- Organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Minimum typing speed of 60 WPM (typing test required)
- Experience working as administrative or executive assistant in First Nations organization for minimum of 2 years
- Experience taking meeting minutes according to Robert’s Rules
*This job posting will remain open until filled.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Dwayne Worthing, HR Director at: email@example.com citing “Government Secretary” in subject heading of your email or drop off/mail to: Tla’amin Nation, 4779 Klahanie Rd, Powell River, BC, V8A 0C4
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who are short-listed will be contacted for an interview.