This full-time position is in support of Tla’amin’s long term financial viability while supporting programs across Tla’amin Government departments. This position will report to the Director of Public Works.
- A comprehensive health & dental plan and disability insurance fully paid for by the Nation;
- An optional pension plan with matched contributions;
- A competitive salary, to be determined based on the qualification of applicant
- This position is not required to be located at the Tla’amin Nation;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops an inventory of funding opportunities and then composes, submits, tracks, and reports application progress to senior management
- Identifies grant and funding opportunities that support a diverse portfolio of Nation programs
- This position is significantly focused on Public Works and Capital Projects but will also support other departments in their funding requests
- Ensures that grant opportunities support a unified approach to Nation priorities
- Where possible establishes effective relationships with the many available funding organizations
- Ensures that applications and awarded opportunities are delivered in compliance with the unique funding policies
- Finalizes funding contracts and advises finance of the payment schedules associated with the funding
- Ensures, where applicable, that funding reporting is in compliance with the funding contract
- Ensures, where applicable, the associated funds are received according to the funding terms
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree relevant to the position;
- Must have a very high standard of written and verbal communications;
- The ability to work with a dynamic team and prioritize tasks to achieve specific deliverable deadlines;
- Previous experience working on federal, provincial, municipal and private sector grant processes is an asset to this position.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Email cover letter and resume to: Richard Gage, Director of Public Works at Richard.email@example.com and also to Jessie Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Grant Writer” as the subject. You may also mail or drop off to Tla’amin Nation, 4779 Klahanie Rd., Powell River BC, V8A-0C4, marked “Grant Writer Resume”.
No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.