Job Title: Grounds Maintenance
Work Site: Health facility & CDRC facility
Start Date: Immediately
Performs maintenance and repair duties for the buildings, vehicles, grounds, equipment for the Health Administration building and the Child Development & Resource Centre.
• Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent education
• A Criminal Record Check clearance letter
• Maintains a basic First Aide & CPR certificate or willingness to obtain
• Current TB test
• Current Food Safe certificate or willingness to obtain
• Class 5 BC Driver’s License and a Successful Driver’s Abstract
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operates, transports related equipment, furniture and supplies with a motor vehicle
- Reports deficiencies, unsafe or faulty equipment to Health Director or designate.
- Maintains records of daily tasks and routines performed
- Performs other related duties as required
Job Skills & Abilities:
1. Well-developed oral and written communication skills
2. Demonstrates ability to organize work and/or carry out duties with independence
3. Ability to work cooperatively and effectively under general supervision
4. Ability to work effectively with program staff and others
5. Physically fit – standing for periods of time and lifts & carries heavy food items
The successful applicant will be required to work in accordance with the BCGEU Collective Agreement as well as the policies and benefits therein, in addition to all relevant Tla’amin Health policies and procedures. The successful applicant will be in good physical health. This position is open to male and female applicants and requires union membership.
Send a resume accompanied with a cover letter, by email or fax by May 31, 2021 no later than 4:30 pm to:
Marlane Christensen – Health Director
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.