The Tla’amin Nation is a modern, forward-thinking First Nations government located in the stunning, safe and serene coastal community of Powell River.
Title: Health Director
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent – Senior Management
Reporting to: Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
• A comprehensive health & dental plan and disability insurance fully paid for by the Nation
• An optional pension plan with matched contributions.
• Competitive salary, to be determined based on the qualification of applicant.
Tla’amin Health is responsible for the operation of a modern and progressive health services and child development centre and is currently seeking a motivated and skilled Director to lead the organization.
The Health Director is responsible for the day-to-day management of
the community’s health and child development services, providing sound leadership in areas of program development; strategic planning; operating & capital budgeting; human resources management/staff development; community and media relations; government relations and accreditation execution.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in progressive health care management plus a Master’s degree in Health Sciences, Health Care Administration or Business Administration.
• An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that has positioned you for this role, will also be considered.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.
• Experience with unionization and accreditation processes, strong background and knowledge of fiscal management, and ability to manage key government and funder relationships are assets.
Deadline: This opportunity will remain open until the position is filled.
A criminal record check and driving abstract which are acceptable to the Nation will be required from
the successful candidate.
Please submit resume and cover letter, using “Health Director Position” as the subject, to:
firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com
or, marked with “Health Director Position”, to: 4779 Klahanie Road, Powell River, BC VSA 0C4
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.