The Tla’amin Nation is seeking to fill the position of Housing Assistant. The successful candidate will ensure efficient and timely operations of the Housing Department and act as a support to the Housing Manager. This permanent full-time position will report to the Housing Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in evaluating and resolving housing maintenance issues
- Responsible for the intake of housing requests, and ensuring rental documentation and contracts are in order
- Maintains housing files in an orderly manner
- Responds to tenant complaints, and requests in person and by phone in a timely manner
- Receives rental payments
- Negotiates rental contracts and arrears payment plans with tenants, dependent on final approval from Housing Manager
- Conducts housing inspections
- Inputs data into Xyntax software program
- Updates Housing Policy and rental/maintenance agreements
- Facilitates move in/move out procedures with clients
- Ensures the health and safety of all tenants as it pertains to housing
- Works in collaboration with the Maintenance Department with direction on work orders
- Participates in department meetings and training as required
- Takes accurate minutes of meetings and distribute as needed
- Assists in all duties related to housing administration of housing policy
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Grade 12
- Solid knowledge of First Nations Housing (or willingness to learn)
- Knowledge of Xyntax Program an asset (or willingness to learn)
- Computer proficiency in Excel/Word
- Proven experience in client service.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Valid BCDL and driver’s abstract acceptable to the administration
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, able to deal with volatile situations without being reactive. Must have tools to deal with situations diplomatically.
- Excellent communication skills, communicates sensitive issues to clients in non-threatening way, appropriately addressing concerns and issues.
- Must maintain strict adherence to confidentiality.
This job posting will remain open until filled.
- Please email your cover letter and resume to Dwayne Worthing, HR Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org citing “Housing Assistant” in subject heading of your email or drop off/mail to: Tla’amin Nation, 4779 Klahanie Rd, Powell River, BC, V8A 0C4
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who are short-listed will be contacted for an interview.