(June 18, 2021)
On June 15th, BC introduced Step 2 of the province’s COVID-19 restart plan. Step 2 is based on at least 65 per cent of the 18+ population being vaccinated with one dose, along with declining case counts and COVID-19 hospitalizations.
As a result, Tla’amin Executive Council has approved the following recommendations:
1. Allow small in-person meetings in the office between staff and non-staff. Masks, hand sanitizing, and social distancing measures continue to be in effect.
2. Allow indoor gatherings of up to 50 people. Masks, hand sanitizing, and social distancing measures continue to be in effect, in addition to being subject to the following measures:
• Anyone booking the gym (Salish Centre) and other community buildings for a function must do a sign-in sheet to register contact information on all attendees for contact-tracing purposes.
• Waiver forms be signed stating that the person hosting the event will follow all Covid-19 Safety protocols/measures, and understand this is a “seated” event.
• That Tla’amin janitorial staff will properly disinfect the premises before and following the event.
3. The re-opening of playgrounds, soccer fields and other similar public areas is for Tla’amin community only. Sanitizing stations at playgrounds and soccer fields will be installed.
4. Tla’amin community will remain closed to non-residents at this time. Signs will continue to remain in place at all road openings. Executive Council supports the closure to non-residents to avoid the risk of further Covid-19 spikes.
These recommendations will be further reviewed following the announcement of Step 3 of BC’s Covid-19 Restart Plan on July 1st.
(June 18, 2021)