Tla’amin Nation (TN) is seeking an individual to fill the permanent full-time position of Language Coordinator. This position will be instrumental in the revitalization of our Nation’s language. The successful candidate will be passionate and committed to the overall development, documentation, implementation and coordination of TN language programs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for providing written and verbal reports as directed.
- Works with sister nations on language revitalization initiatives.
- Develops strong working knowledge of TN language revitalization initiatives.
- Initiates outreach activities to interview elders and fluent speakers based on TN initiatives and goals.
- Administration of language recording and documenting.
- Administration of language programs such as First Voices.
- Utilizes ways to engage community with a focus on student/youth recruitment and retention for language programming.
- Administration of language classes and workshops to engage TN community.
- Provides community-based support for language learners to encourage use of TN language and fluency.
- Is willing to take relevant training to upgrades skills and knowledge.
- Other tasks as required*
- Experience in community language planning.
- Extensive knowledge of TN language, culture, and challenges.
- Extensive knowledge in reading, writing and speaking TN language.
- Proven organizational, coordinating and planning skills.
- Moderate computer proficiency.
- Grade 12 minimum.
- Exemplary communication skills.
- TN continues to safeguard staff and community by meeting or exceeding provincial guidelines; therefore proof of covid vaccination via QR code will be required.
- Must submit a satisfactory criminal record check.
- Driver’s license and satisfactory abstract
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
E-mail cover letter & resume to: Jessie Peters, HR Manager at email@example.com “Language Coordinator” in subject heading of your e-mail or drop-off/mail to Tla’amin Nation, 4779 Klahanie Rd, Powell River, BC, V8A 0C4 We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those shortlisted will be contacted