Lund Harbour Authority (LHA) is a federal not-for-profit corporation that manages the Small Craft Harbour in Lund, BC. LHA is made up of staff and a volunteer Board of Directors who work collaboratively to manage the facilities in accordance with the Small Craft Harbours, Fisheries and Oceans Canada mandate to ensure core fishing harbours are kept open and in good repair.
We currently are accepting applications to fill two full-time seasonal positions as Harbour Assistant. Successful applicants should be reliable, professional, motivated, positive, and enjoy working outdoors in all weather. The job is fast paced and lots of fun and every day you get to meet interesting people from all over the world.
Key responsibilities include:
• Performs multiple daily foot patrols of all docks and upland facilities to ensure that facilities are safe and functional
• Perform daily boat counts
• Provide customer service to Harbour users and members of the public
• Assist Harbour Management staff in projects and day-to-day tasks, as required
• Collects fees for use of the public boat ramp, moorage, and all other services provided by LHA
• Checking and cleaning bathrooms, showers, on a daily basis
• Cleaning and maintaining litter-free facilities
• Assisting in maintenance projects- painting, small building projects, landscaping, etc.
• Ensures all harbour users comply with all Harbour Authority rules and regulations, and enforces rules and regulations when necessary
• Enforces harbour policies in a professional manner
• Other tasks and duties as required
Key qualifications include:
• Able to perform extensive foot patrols in all weather conditions and move boats
• Excellent computer skills
• Ability to problem solve and work independently as well as in a team
• Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
• Possess exceptional customer service and conflict resolution skills
• Marine industry experience is an asset
• Restricted Radio Operators Certificate (Maritime) is an asset
• First Aid is an asset
Required language: English
How to Apply: E-mail cover letter, resume and references with “Harbour Assistant” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at the office and say hi.
Employment duration – early June to September 6th.
Applications accepted until May 31st 5pm
Job Type: Full-time seasonal
Wage: $17-19 depending on experience