The Tla’amin Nation is a modern, forward-thinking, progressive, self-governing nation located on the beautiful upper Sunshine Coast (Powell River).
Job Title: Manager
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Reports to: Health Director or Designate
CDRC provides Provincially Licensed childcare programs (Infant/Toddler, 30 months to School age, Pre-School. Out of school care); Supported Child Development Program and Early Child Development Outreach
Reporting to the Health Director, this senior position is responsible for managing the Tla’amin Nation Child Development Resource Center to provide quality, inclusive childcare and support services for children and families. The Manager has a strong and demonstrated understanding of quality, culturally-appropriate child care programming, early childhood learning and development, and can lead, motivate, train, and coach staff in the delivery of excellence in these areas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure that the Centre promotes positive, holistic, strengths-based early childhood development, in a culturally appropriate manner, to support spiritual, emotional, intellectual and physical growth.
• Ensure the Centre meets all requirements of Child Care Licensing Regulations.
• Recruit, lead, motivate, train and coach a group of highly skilled and motivated staff.
• Lead and coordinate culturally-relevant program planning with staff, informed by the latest early childhood development research and local knowledge keepers
• Ensure the Centre is responsive to community and parent needs, and facilitates parents/ guardians/caregivers involvement.
• Ensure positive communication and collaboration with parents/guardians/caregivers.
• Facilitate a respectful, proactive conflict resolution process when dealing with staff and parents/ guardian/caregiver issues.
• Ensure programs run effectively and within their budgetary requirements.
• Ensure all reporting and funding requirements are met.
• Collaborate with team to ensure wraparound service delivery for families.
• Explore gaps and resources for families with young children and be creative in facilitating supports to meet the needs.
• Effective in writing successful proposals for funding.
• Participate as a member of the Community Services Department team.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Lead, supervise, hire, train and coach staff.
• Ensure probationary review and annual performance evaluations are completed.
• Facilitate access to professional development opportunities for staff.
• Develop and maintain a positive work environment to facilitate collaboration with and amongst staff.
• Ensure staff adherence to policy and procedures and workplace health and safety procedures.
• Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education or related discipline
• Valid ECE Certificate and Infant & Toddler Care and Special Needs Certificate.
• 4+ years of experience working in a childcare setting, 3+ of which are in a management capacity.
• Demonstrated understanding of the impact of residential schools, the 60’s scoop, and the overall impact of colonization on Aboriginal communities and families.
• Demonstrated experience in supported child development
• Experience working in a First Nations community and/or Indigenous organization an asset.
• Demonstrated leadership ability and experience with program planning and development for children aged 3 months to 5 years.
• Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and motivational skills.
• Demonstrated skills in basic accounting practices and managing budgets.
• Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
• A valid BC driver’s license and reliable transportation is an asset + driver’s abstract
• Up-to-date record of immunizations and tuberculosis test.
• Must successfully pass a criminal record check.
• A comprehensive health and dental plan and disability insurance fully paid for by the nation.
• An optional pension plan with matched contributions to a maximum of 5% of gross earnings.
• Competitive salary, to be determined based on the qualifications of the applicant
Deadline: The opportunity will remain open until the position is filled.
Please submit resume and cover letter by email using “Manager CDRC” as the subject to: email@example.com AND HR@tn-bc.ca
You can also mail or deliver copy to 4895 Salish Drive, Powell River, BC V8A 0B9 clearly referencing “Manager CDRC”
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.