Notice is hereby given that the Tla’amin Nationhas called an election for September 19th, 2020, in accordance with the Tla’amin Nation Election Law (TNL 04/2016), for the purpose of eligible Electors electing the Office of Hegus (1 position) and Legislative Assembly (8 positions) for the ensuing term of the Legislature.
Dear Elector: Included in this package is the document necessary to nominate a candidate for the Office of Hegus and Legislative Assembly by mail. Read these instructions carefully and fully. You may nominate a candidate by MAIL-IN NOMINATION; or IN-PERSON at the nomination meeting scheduled for 5PM SUNDAY AUGUST 9th 2020.
COMPLETE THESE STEPS TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION BY MAIL:
- Complete the mail-in nomination form on the reverse side of these instructions.
- An elector may nominate one candidate for the Office of Chief or Councillor per form;
- A nominee who is nominated by mail may be seconded by another Elector by mail or in person at the nomination meeting.
- VERY IMPORTANT – Complete and sign the VOTER DECLARATION section of the Nomination Form in the presence of a witness – at least 18 years of age. The Witness must also sign and complete their Section.
- Mail, email or fax your mail-in nomination to the Electoral Officer to the address below.
- You may hand deliver your mail-in nomination form to the Electoral Officer on August 9th 2020 at the nomination meeting.
MAIL-IN NOMINATIONS RECEIVED AFTER 5:00PM ON AUGUST 9th 2020 WILL NOT BE RECORDED.
IMPORTANT: A CANDIDATE WHO HAS BEEN NOMINATED AND SECONDED MUST SUBMIT: a completed Acceptance of Nomination Form; a completed Nominee Certificate of Qualification Form and attached a receipt for the deposit from the Nation; A complete Candidate Fair Competition Declaration; and a deposit of $100.00 for Candidates for the Office of Hegus and $50.00 for Candidates for the Legislature, payable to TN.
|NOMINATION MEETING LOCATION|
|Salish Centre 4885 Highway 101, Tla’amin, Powell River, British Columbia. August 9th 2020 – 5:00pm – 8:00pm|
Please submit all documentation to an Electoral Officer
|Nicole Hajash, Electoral Officer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org||Patrick Marshall, Deputy Electoral Officer Email: email@example.com|
Office: 250-384-8200 Toll Free: 1-855-923-3006
209-852 Fort Street, Victoria, B.C., V8W 1H8