Notice is hereby given that the Tla’amin Nation has called an Election for September 19, 2020, in accordance with the Tla’amin Nation Election Law (TNL04|2016) for the purpose of eligible Voters electing the Office of Hegus (1 position) and Legislative Assembly (8) Positions for the ensuing term of the Legislature.
COVID 19 – PROTOCOL NOTICE
4885 HIGHWAY 101, TLA’AMIN, POWELL RIVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA
SUNDAY AUGUST 9TH 2020 – 5:00PM – 8:00PM
Due to COVID-19 and guidelines around social distancing, we ask that you adhere to the following precautions at the nomination meeting to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19:
- Nomination forms will be available at the Tla’amin Administration and online at the elections webpage to download, print, fill in and bring to the meeting. [See the web site link at the bottom of this notice].
- Wash or sanitize your hands before entering meeting.
- Please wear a mask.
- Maintain social distance between people and remain six (6) feet apart.
- Electors are encouraged to bring their forms filled in and bring their own pen.
- Exit the nomination area as soon as you have submitted your nominations.
- Nominations will be updated during the nomination meeting and the preliminary
nominees list will be posted on the election webpage by noon on August 11th, 2020.
AND TAKE NOTICE: that Electors may vote in person at a polling station or electronically. Given under my hand at Victoria, British Columbia, this 4th day of August 2020.
For more information or assistance please contact:
Nicole Hajash, Electoral Officer
Patrick Marshall, Electoral Officer
Office: (250) 384-8200
Toll Free: (1855) 458-5888
Fax: (250) 384-5416
209-852 Fort Street, Victoria, B.C., V8W 1H8