15 October, 2021
Since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, Tla’amin has operated from a position of “meet or
exceed” the Provincial orders and guidelines. We are continuing with that approach – we do NOT want
a repeat of the situation we had last year.
So, due to continued concerns about the spread of Covid-19, we are implementing the following
Effective immediately, the only in person events permitted in Tla’amin facilities are funeral services held
at the Salish Centre.
Effective on Tuesday, October 19 any person wishing to enter a Tla’amin building must provide proof of
vaccination by way of the BC Vaccine Card.
Effective on Tuesday, October 19 funeral services must follow the protocols below:
• The maximum occupancy is 50 people
• All attendees must be vaccinated
• All attendees must wear face masks, except when eating/drinking
• No buffet style foodservice is permitted
• Physical distancing required
• Tla’amin administration will provide vaccination screening at the door
• Tla’amin administration will ensure that protocols are being followed inside
Effective on Tuesday, October 19 any and all staff who interact in person with others, as well as any staff
members entering a Tla’amin building must provide proof of vaccination by way of the BC Vaccine Card.
This will be phased in over eleven weeks for those staff who are not currently vaccinated.
Tla’amin Nation Executive Council