The Tla’amin Nation is initiating a wide variety of projects in housing and community infrastructure. This permanent full-time position will involve extensive housing restoration and new construction works. We are seeking a person with project management skills specific to new construction and renovation activities; who is organized, has very clear communications and prioritization skills.
Closing Date: Open until filled
This role includes, but is not limited to:
- Prepare project plans supported by a schedules and forecast budgets;
- Initiate, govern, progress and complete projects on time and budget using a structured phase approach;
- Compile recurring progress report for management;
- Present key project decisions in a structured approach;
- Employ high industry standard best practices of risk and safety management;
- Work interactively and proactively with the Tla’amin community and Tla’amin government stakeholders;
- Establish proactive working relationships with department managers and various consultants;
- Other duties as assigned;
Qualifications and Relevant Experience:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly indicate that you have relevant experience and education as outlined below:
- 2 or more years relevant experience in new construction activities (acquired within the last 4 years);
- Have a degree or certification or technical diploma;
- Experience working with various software’s and technology that assist management practices;
- Specific experience within an organization supported by structured project management process;
- Experience working with First Nations infrastructure projects;
- A strong technical aptitude;
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team to meet deadlines and timelines;
- Must undergo and submit a satisfactory criminal record check prior to employment;
- Able to effectively communicate in a professional manor with co-workers, other departments, customers, and the public;
- Able to read and understand maps, blueprints, schematics, and legal documentation;
- An equivalent combination of education, training and related experience may be considered.
Please submit via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc. email@example.com or by postal mail to 4779 Klahanie Rd. marked ‘Attention Richard Gage and HR’.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who are short-listed will be contacted for an interview.