TITLE: Store Manager
DEPARTMENT: The Stockpile Maket
LOCATION: 1436 Highway 101, Lund, BC V0N 2G0
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager – Lund Resort at Klah ah men
The Store Manager provides leadership in the planning and directing of the day-to-day operations of the Stock Pile Market. The manager will be responsible to develop strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales, increase profitability, create/maintain store policies and marketing programs that will increase sales and grow the existing customer base. The Store manager will maintain high store standards and conditions and promote a healthy and safe environment.
SPECIFIC POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES
Leadership and Team
• Complete store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
• Maintain store staff by recruiting & interviewing, selecting, orienting, and training employees
• Maintain store staff job results by coaching, mentoring and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results
• Provide training to improve the knowledge base of the staff and utilize cross-training methods to maintain productivity when employees are absent
• Conducting performance reviews for staff, as well as providing or organizing training and development
• Maintain operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program, operational and employee policies and procedures
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Update manager and colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues
Planning, Finance and Marketing
• Prepare annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiate corrective actions
• Ensure availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories
• Formulate pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends
• Market merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios
• Determine marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records
• Organize special promotions, displays and events
• Work with vendors and manufacturers to bring in effective marketing displays for the sales floor and store windows
• Maintain awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring what local competitors are doing
• Initiate changes to improve the business, e.g. revising opening hours to ensure the store can compete effectively in the local market
• Manage all controllable costs to keep operations profitable
• Manage stock levels and make key decisions about stock control
• Analyze sales figures and forecast future sales
• Analyze and interpret trends to facilitate planning
• Maintain inventory by implementing purchasing plans and staying in contact with vendors and shippers
• Develop a schedule of holiday activities and promotions throughout the year strategically designed to bring in more revenue
Customer Service and Relationships
• Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements
• Respond to customer complaints and comments
• Tour the sales floor regularly, talking to employees and customers to identify or resolve urgent issues
• Promote the Stock Pile Market locally by liaising with local businesses/organizations, newspapers and the community in general
Health and Safety
• Secure merchandise by implementing security systems and measures
• Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment
• Maintain the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements
• Ensure standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AS A MEMBER OF LUND RESORT STAFF
As an employee, you are accountable for:
a. Working effectively and with full commitment to the tasks assigned
b. Communicating your progress, challenges and successes regularly
c. Giving your managers your best advice
d. Ensuring business practices strictly operate within Government Laws & Regulations & Lund Hotel Policies
e. Taking personal ownership of your professional, personal growth and development
As a manager of others, you are accountable for:
a. Assigning the right work at the right time to accountable employees to meet department goals
b. Managing your direct reports’ work outputs and their behaviours, through training, coaching and mentoring
c. Leading staff in your department to support and contribute to department goals
d. Ensuring a culture of transparency, delivering consistently our best, continuous improvement and innovation
e. Providing an open, safe and respectful work environment for your department
EDUCATION & TRAINING
• High School Diploma or equivalent qualification and experience combined
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant field preferred
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a retail environment, ideally in a managerial role
• A degree of satisfactory cultural competency and knowledge of Indigenous communities
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Demonstrated experience in leadership and customer management
• Proficiency with Point of Sales (POS) Systems
• Retail management experience with proficiency in sales and marketing initiatives
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Office Word, and Outlook
• Leading teams (Coaching/Mentoring/Training staff)
• Successful experience in workplace staffing and scheduling
• Solid accounting experience, including familiarity with monthly sales analysis and P&L statements
• perceptive business sense and well-developed market awareness
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and be effective in both written and verbal communication
• Awareness – Perceptive business sense and well-developed retail market awareness
• Relationship Management – Promotes positive relationships between the managers, staff members and suppliers.
• Leadership –Influencing, motivating, and inspiring others through direct and indirect means to accomplish objectives. Empowering staff to take a proactive role in the success of the store,
• Decision making – Uses sound judgment to make good decisions based on information gathered and analyzed. Considers all pertinent facts and alternatives before deciding on the most appropriate action. Commits to decision.
• Problem solving – Analyzes problem by gathering and organizing all relevant information. Identifies cause and effect relationships. Comes up with appropriate solutions with minimal supervision.
• Teamwork/collaboration – Strong interpersonal skills. Interacts with people effectively. Able and willing to share and receive information. Collaborates within the group and across groups.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changing work environments, work priorities and organizational needs. Able to effectively deal with change and diverse people.
• Planning/Organizing – Proactively plans and organizes tasks and work responsibilities to achieve objectives. Sets priorities and schedules activities. Allocates and uses resources properly.
• Work standards – Sets and maintains high professional and performance standards. Pays close attention to detail, accuracy, quality and ensures follow through.
• Motivation – Displays energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job. Commits to putting in additional effort. Maintains high level of productivity. Self-directed.
• Initiative – Takes action to influence events. Generates ideas for improvement, takes advantage of opportunities, suggests innovations, does more than required.
• Integrity – Shares complete and accurate information. Maintains confidentiality of highly sensitive information. Adheres to organizational policies and procedures. Meets own commitments.
• Reliability – Takes personal responsibility for job performance. Completes work in a timely and consistent manner. Sticks to commitments and reports back on status of assigned tasks.
• Communication – Strong written and oral communication skills. Expresses ideas succinctly and effectively. Organizes and delivers information appropriately. Listens actively.