Tla’Amin Nation is seeking applications for a temporary ECE assistant to work in the Chi Chuy Pre-school program this coming school year. Under the direction of the Pre-school Teacher he/she shall collaborate and provide extra support and direct care to children in the pre-school program to stimulate and develop their mental, physical, emotional and spiritual growth. The ECE Assistant shall be responsible for the provision of the care, guidance and safety of children in the program.
Job Title: ECE Assistant
Work Site: Tla’amin Health & Child Development Resource Centre
Wage: To be determined.
Hours: 9:30 am – 2:30pm (this may change due to Covid-19 restrictions).
• BC ECEA License to Practise
• Satisfactory Criminal Record check
• First Aide & CPR certificate (or willingness to obtain)
• Vaccination records up to date
• Recent Annual TB Test
• Valid BC Driver’s License and Abstract are an asset
• Experience working in a provincial licensed setting an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Strong ethics and a commitment to child and family privacy and confidentiality.
• Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a professional, fun, loving pre-school team.
• Working knowledge of childrens’ developmental stages 0 – 6 years old
• Ability to communicate effectively with peers, children & parents.
• Physical and emotional ability to perform the duties of the pre-school position.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
The successful applicant must be in good physical and mental health to work with children who have additional developmental needs.
*Individuals of Tla’amin ancestry will be given priority in this competition.
Interested individuals are asked to submit their resume accompanied with a cover letter to Jessie Peters, Tla’amin Human Resources Manager, 4779 Klahanie Rd, Powell River, B.C., V8A 0C4. Resume may be submitted by email to email@example.com or fax at (778) 762-5240.
Applications must be received by 4:00 pm, August 3, 2020.