Tla’amin Resorts and Accommodations Inc. (TRAI)
Tel: 604-483-7777 / Fax: 604-483-7741 / email@example.com
Job Posting – General Manager (GM), The Historic Lund Hotel and Marina (www.lundhotel.com)
Located in Lund, B.C., we are requesting qualified individuals with training and professional experience in hotel management to apply by forwarding a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 604-483-7741. Compensation to be determined based on qualifications, benefit package available. TRAI reserves the right to keep this posting open until a suitable candidate applies. No calls please. We thank all applicants for applying but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The resort assets consist of a 31-room hotel, restaurant, pub, general store, marina with fuel sales, boat launch, parking, and retail leases. Business and financial support for TRAI is provided by Tla’amin Management Services LP (TMSLP).
Reporting to the CEO, the GM functions as the primary strategic business leader of the property with responsibility for all aspects of the operation. Management of accommodations for the 2023 season will be a limited function as directed by TMSLP. The GM is responsible for human resources, financial performance, sales and revenue generation, and delivering a return on investment to property ownership. The position is actively involved in the local communities and builds strong relationships with local officials, businesses, customers, and represents the Tla’amin Nation Group of Businesses brand values in all leadership actions.
Education and Qualifications
- Prior experience as a General Manager in limited or full-service property:
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 8 years of experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, finance and accounting, or related professional area or
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years of experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, finance and accounting, or related professional area;
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends, holidays and late nights;
- Property industry work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
- Business Strategy Development;
- Business Strategy Execution;
- Sales and Marketing;
- Talent Management and Organizational Capability;
- Business Information Analysis;
- Employee and Labor Relations;
- Revenue Management;
- Owner Relations;
- Customer, Public and Employee Relations Management;
- Company/Brand Policy, Procedures, and Standards Compliance.
Tla’amin citizens are encouraged to apply for this position.