To be leaders in sustainable business in the region
To create responsible and profitable business enterprises TMSLP is mandated to generate revenue streams to foster economic and social betterment of Tla’amin people according to our Taow (teachings). We are committed to establishing a strong economic foundation and providing effective management of Tla’amin assets and services through in-depth planning, strong leadership and administration, and strategic partners.
Existing businesses include:
- Thichum Forest Products LP
- Tla’amin Resorts & Accommodations LP
- Pa’aje Shellfish LP
- Tla’amin Land Development LP
- Tla’amin Capital Assets LP
When you work with Tla’amin Management Services LP (TMSLP), you will not only embark on a unique life experience but take on the rare opportunity to impact the future and lives of our Tla’amin Nation citizens and members. TMSLP invites you to join us on our journey to building our Nation. We’re looking for interested individuals to join our dedicated management team whose focus is to develop and manage revenue streams essential for the economic and social advancement for the Tla’amin people. We support the cultural wellbeing, humility and ongoing personal development of every employee to build and lead highly effective teams that serve our Nation.
Tla’amin Management Services LP is currently seeking a Bookkeeper for our Group of Businesses.
• Assist the director of finance on an as needed basis
• Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
• Provide budget information to determine operational targets and decisions
• Establish and maintain a system of internal controls and accounting, providing most effective control over business assets, liabilities, revenues and expenditures in accordance with established processes
• Manage month end accounting processes including account reconciliations, inventories, accruals and balance sheet analysis
• Accurately post revenues and expenditures
• Timely distribution of daily reports
• Establish and maintain a proper filing system for all documents related to the various businesses sales and expenses
• Provide month end packages and assist in the preparation of financial statements
• Collecting payments
• Generating Invoices
• Tracking purchase orders
• Assisting in the preparation of financial statements
• Issuing payments to suppliers
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• Bookkeeping certificate or diploma from a reputable institution or equivalent
• Proficient with accounting software such as QuickBooks
• 3 years’ experience in working for businesses with multiple entities under one umbrella
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Office Word, and Outlook
• Knowledge and understanding of applicable laws and regulations
• Satisfactory cultural competency and knowledge of First Nations communities
Please submit the following for consideration:
- Cover letter
- Your resume
Applications can be addressed to
Nanette Kapitan, Director of Finance TMSLP.
Submissions may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: Until the Position is Filled
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.