The Tla’amin Nation has initiated an annual Yard Works Program. This program will involve extensive yard works across the community. This program is now seeking 4 casual yard works labourers for full time work until October and starting in April. This program is intended to renew annually with fulltime labour from April through to October every year.
Compensation: Casual labour rate will be $20/hr.
Duration: April to October – Fulltime
Closing Date: This posting will close on March 26th 2021.
This role includes, but is not limited to:
- Community cleanup initiatives starting in April;
- Broom clearing activities starting in April;
- Wildfire fuel reduction activities;
- Support of Village Maintenance in all grass cutting works across the Nation;
- Woodcutting to support community elders;
- Ditch and drainage path clearing;
- Landscaping and gardening activities;
- Maintenance of lands not directly located within the Nation such as the community use recreational cabins located in remote areas;
- Safe use of power tools and hand tools;
- Access and hiking path clearing;
- Assistance with work at the water treatment plant;
Qualifications (not required but an asset):
- Experience with any of the above activities;
- Able to work alone or with minimal supervision
- Reliable attendance and acceptance of shifts when offered;
- Experience driving/parking a panel van and cube truck;
- Offering superior customer service skills and professionalism with clients
- Able to lift 30-40 lbs;
- A Drivers Abstract and Criminal Record Check that are acceptable to Tla’amin.
- Chainsaw Safety Certification an asset
Please submit via email to email@example.com and cc. Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to 4779 Klahanie Rd. marked ‘Attention Richard Gage and HR’.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those short-listed will be contacted.